Thanks to becca who came and took pictures of Heather and I for our engagement photos. They are posted on facebook if you haven't seen them. The pictures look amazing. More specifically, Heather looks amazing. She definitely makes me look better.
So I am setting here at work realizing that my excitement/stress level has jumped a few notches. I think 11 just sounds like a really small number when it comes to days left, and 6, the number of days here at work is even less. One weekend left until the wedding. Wow. I'm ready for the number of days to be 2. I wake up with two days left until the wedding with my friends coming into town to join me for the festivities, work behind me, and just enjoyment of what is about to happen.
Heather has been handling the details beautifully. We are pretty similar in that we are planners so we have been working steadily towards the day since our engagement, and I think it will show. Instead of having to worry about wedding details for most of the last two weeks, we have been working on our (I keep calling it "we" house like my little cousin Victoria used to) house during the evenings. We are ready. I think the excitement of the event is finally overtaking me. I'm ready to be married to this woman. I ready to cook dinner with her at night and breakfast for her in the mornings (I imagine I can be productive and run, cook breakfast, groom, and read the bible all while she is getting ready in the am). I am ready for her not to have to drive home at night and to drive with her to work in the morning. I am even ready for her cat to be in our house. Mainly because it means Heather will be at our house (that is unless the Estes want to keep Angel).
So I apologize if I snap at anyone or run and hug them randomly, because I am excited. I am jubilant that this time is coming. I am to the point that I am so excited that I am not sleeping well. It is like I am 7 years old, and it is Christmas Eve. I imagine this will only get worse between now and Oct 24. Heather will most likly need a large spatula to pry me out of the bed in Mexico. I haven't let myself relax as much as I will there in a long time. She commented the other evening that we keep filling our time with necessary projects so it is hard to just rest. We tried to set aside last Sunday afternoon for rest. It turned into arrange the office. My goal of the honeymoon has been to sit on a beach sippin fruity drinks for 5 straight days. I will need it. My only plan is to get a massage on one of the days. (I enjoy massages so very much. I really could buy one of the Brookstone chairs - OSIM uHarmony chair if anyone is still looking for a moderately (cough) priced wedding gift)
I have found though, the main points of stress for me surrounding this wedding have not been ceremony or reception specific. The music is about the only thing that I'm a little stressed about, and Heather reminds me, my stress is about me not doing it. Brian and David are capable and talented musicians. They will do fantastic. The main point of my stress is my interpersonal relationships are changing. I felt it from the other end when becca got married. I wondered how her and my relationship would change. Would she still be there when I needed her to talk? Will she still need me to come help her? (And she is and does.) Mom wondered aloud what our relationship would look like, and I laughed a little as I responded, "Yall will probably know more about what is happening in my life because Heather will think to tell you." If anyone was wondering, I can be a stereotypical guy. I worry about not being able to be there for my family and friends as much. My personality has been to just go and be apart of people's lives. I have always been quick to drive and see people. My three weekend per month away from the house habit has already been broken and will probably not resume. Heather and I have already been dreaming together about traveling some which will be nice. So many changes afoot. I did find with becca's wedding that her and my relationship changed, those changes were and are good.
At the same time, changing relationships excite me too. I get to be apart of another family. I enjoy my time with Heather's parents, and they have been graciously supportive through our relationship. It has been an honor to get to know and work with her Dad. He has a lot of knowledge about house projects, and it has been neat to get to work with him. Her Mom is passionate about religion and politics and is always good for a conversation about either and a pretty good cook to boot. I see how they support Heather, and I respect them for it. I get a new brother and sister.
So yeah, I'm excited. I'm ready. 11 days seem so long...
3 comments:
I'm ready too baby! We just need to take the big hand on the clock and start spinning. Maybe it will get here faster that way.
exciting changes....not normally how we Miller feel about changes, but you are right marriage is a good one!
Post a Comment