Thursday, March 05, 2009

Question of the Day

What do you do when someone approaches you on the street asking for money? There is an obvious conundrum here as some people ask who are truly in need, but some ask because they are in a destructive cycle of abuse. As a Christian, what is our response?

2 comments:

Jamie Pruitt said...

I usually if led by the Spirit will ask them if I can take them to get something to eat. When I lived in nyc for a summer this is what we did, or either we carried fruit with us, apples, etc to hand out to those who were in need. That would usually filter through those who really were in need and the ones just wanting money for other things.

Of course, the Spirit may tell you to give someone money, but I think that's the important thing. Let God guide you.

Dan said...

I usually pretend to have a cell phone call and keep walking.