What does singles ministry look like in the 21st century? What does the church have to offer that other places cannot offer?
These are questions that I am asking myself as I begin a singles ministry at Zoar Baptist Church. Like the whole church, singles ministry will have to be driven by quality not quantity. The church is coming out of a period of history where it was the dominant cultural influence ecspecially in the south. Today church has been replaced by computers and television as the dominant cultural influence.
What do people talk about at work and school? Church or the big game? Singles ministry and the churches ministry has to reflect that those who are there really want to be there. They have a need in their lives that will not be satisfied by other objects, persons, or activities. By this age no one is forcing anyone to be at church.
What is church for a twenty year old? What does singles ministry look like?
2 comments:
walt-baby-love..welcome to the blogging world..look forward to the interaction..hey..u know if m. walton has a new email addy?
hope things are well up at g-dubb
mark
Mark I think Walton's email address is still richyoungruler@hotmail.com. I have not emailed him in a while though.
Walter
Post a Comment